Monday, April 14, 2008

Anyone?

So is there anyone out there other than me, that is suffering from a huge lack of motivation?

Well I stayed up until 4 o'clock this morning, and got up at five for a shower and spent some time with God before class. You may think I'm crazy to wake up that early, but it's the only time I have in the day where I'm not busy doing something. I enjoyed drama practice today: for the first time in my life, I get to pretend that I am dead in a play! This thrills me. Can anyone doubt that?Also cleaned my room today for Mr. Parriman's Iron Hammer Room Check. Ms. V's White Glove Room Check was also going on tonight across campus. I suppose the White Glove beats the Iron Hammer as far as crackdown, but I will not deny or argue the innate tendencies of the female populous to shame us guys in their cleaning skills. I shall leave the rest for your interpersonal debate. *smiles*

Thought I would leave a few pictures from the weekend. A group of us went out to Eden Park on a Friday evening strictly to study. It was beautiful there.





=


I unfortunately, did not get a whole lot of studying done, but succeeding in enjoying myself while there. I climbed up into the gazebo rafters and sat reading above everyone else. The oddity of oddities happened while I was sitting there. A lady come over while we were all studying and began staring around and up at the gazebo. After about half a minute she asked if there were any electrical outlets anywhere. We told her no, and then as she walked off, we looked at each other with incredulous looks and laughter.

IHC and VIP day coming up within the next few days here. It feels very odd to be experiencing everything as a GBS student. In fact it feels very weird to be saying that I am finishing up my freshman year of college. Can I just stop time?!?

1 comment:

Alanna said...

Electrical Outlets in a gazebo...ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?!! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOO WHEN YOU CAN'T GO TO A PARK WITHOUT NEEDING ELECTRICAL CURRENT!! pleez! :) Some people make me laugh. Your pictures are good. I actually drove over there after Kid's Club on Sunday and saw for myself that it was very beautiful indeed.