Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Am Sam

Here I sit, in the early morning hours of this day. I look out my window and see the full moon hanging there in space, a pearly glowing light against the black sky. Welling up inside me is an almost inexpressible gratitude. Just to be sitting here enjoying the beauty of the moon! I am so blessed materially because of God. I have been redeemed and brought from destruction. I am perfectly healthy. I have arms and legs. [People look at me weird when I mention my gratitude for small, commonplace things. Just google Nick Vujicic. It will change your perspective!] I am lacking nothing. I am normal in the undefinable sense of the word. While I'm here let me say that I am perfectly comfortable with who I am. It's all because of Jesus. I have learned through what God's done for me that I am a unique, intelligent and loved individual. I really can't say on my own that I have gotten here, but it has been through knowing God in a relationship that I have purpose, direction, happiness, satisfaction, and contentment. I am content with who I am. I am Sam.

No comments: